1. General Provisions
1.2. The Portal is aimed to inform the Portal users about tourist attractions, accommodation and catering possibilities, current events, and activities, to publish news and information on tourism and tourist activities mainly concerning the city and municipality of Ventspils and the Kurzeme region, as well as to allow all Portal users to earn the local non-monetary currency ‘Venti’.
1.3. The personal data of Portal users shall be processed and protected in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter – “Regulation”), the Personal Data Processing Law, and other laws and regulations on the privacy, processing, and protection of personal data.
2. Who is the personal data controller and what are the controller’s contact details?
2.1. The personal data controller shall be the authority “Ventspils Council Administration” operated by Ventspils State City Municipality, address: Jūras iela 36, Ventspils, LV-3601, telephone: 63601100, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.2. The operation of the Portal is coordinated and organized by the Tourism Information Centre (hereinafter – “TIC”) operated by Ventspils State City Municipality’s authority “Ventspils Council Administration”. Therefore, further information on the processing of persona data on the Portal is available by writing an e-mail to email@example.com or calling +371 29232226.
3. What are the contact details of the personal data protection officer?
Personal data protection officer’s contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to obtain further information or to lodge a complaint on the processing of personal data on the Portal, please use the above contact details.
4. What are the purposes for the processing of personal data?
The main purposes for the processing the personal data on the Portal shall be as follows:
- To register a Portal user on the Portal after the user has completed the registration form and he or she has been granted the access.
- To administer and to issue the ‘Venti’.
- For illustrative artistic purposes, publicity, and marketing.
- To send information notices to the registered e-mail of Portal users.
- To verify the identity of Portal users, to prevent unlawful use of Portal users’ profiles, and to ensure safe Portal environment.
5. What constitutes the legal basis for the processing of personal data?
- Article 6(1)(a) of the Regulation – the data subject (Portal user) has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Article 6(1)(e) of the Regulation – processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller, namely, to promote the development of tourism and economic activity in Ventspils State City Municipality.
6. What personal data is processed?
Portālā, īstenojot šīs privātuma politikas 4.punktā noteiktos personas datu apstrādes mērķus, tiek apstrādāti šādi fizisko personu dati:
- Identification data (e.g., name, surname, age group).
- 2) Contact details (e.g., address of the place of residence, telephone number, e-mail, and social network accounts).
- Language the Portal user has selected to use the Portal.
- Amount of the ‘Venti’ earned by the Portal user.
- Games played by the Portal user to earn the ‘Venti’.
- Cookies: mandatory (required to ensure the operation and functioning of the Portal. Cookies in this category ensure normal operation of the Portal. Without these cookies, the Portal cannot be operated. These cookies are always used ); optional (cookies that are not required to ensure stable operation of the Portal, e.g., data on the location of the Portal user, type and version of browser, time of visit, number of views, and site navigation. Your consent is required to ensure this function).Further information on the cookies used on the Portal is available in the Cookies Policy of for the Portal. ). Papildus informāciju par Portālā izmantotajām sīkdatnēm var apskatīt Portāla Sīkdatņu politikā;
- Any other personal data provided by the Portal user at his or her own initiative.
7. Who shall receive the personal data?
7.1. The personal data processed on the Portal shall be received by:
- Portal manager, including the employees of the TIC.
- Employees of the hotel of the Olympic Centre “Ventspils”, upon handing out the ‘Venti’ earned.
- Any Portal user (may view photographs with identifiable persons).
- Authority “Ventspils Digital Centre” operated by the Ventspils State City Municipality (ensures the maintenance of the Portal and stores the data of Portal users).
- Portal maintainer.
7.2. At the same time, the Portal manager may transfer the personal data of Portal users to third parties in accordance with the rights or obligations stipulated by the relevant laws and regulations or subject to clear and explicit consent of the Portal user to the transfer of his or her personal data.
7.3. When transferring the personal data, the Portal manager shall comply with the procedures for the processing and protection of personal data laid down in the relevant laws and regulations.
8. How long is the personal data retained?
8.1. The data of users registered on the Portal shall be retained until the Portal user deletes his or her account or for as long as the consent to the processing of his or her personal data is valid, unless other legal basis for the processing of data exists.
8.2. After the data retention period has elapsed, the personal data will be deleted permanently, unless otherwise required by the relevant laws and regulations.
9. What are the rights of the data subject?
9.1. The data subject may contact the personal data controller and request from the controller to provide information on the processing of his or her personal data, as well as the rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing, or to object to processing of his or her personal data.
9.2. The data subject shall submit the request to exercise his or her rights as follows:
- In writing, in the premises of the TIC (Dārzu iela 6, Ventspils, LV-3601), upon presenting a personal identity document (e.g., passport or ID card), as the data subject has the obligation identify himself or herself.
- 2. In electronic form, signing the request with a secure electronic signature and sending it to the e-mail address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By post.
9.3. Upon receipt of the data subject’s request to exercise his or her rights in accordance with Articles 15 to 22 of the Regulation, the Portal manager shall decide whether the request is to be granted or whether there are any exceptions specified in the Regulation and other laws and regulations which provide for cases in which the data subject’s request is not to be granted.
9.4. In cases where the consent of the data subject constitutes the legal basis for the processing of personal data, the data subject shall have the right to withdraw his or her consent. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Such withdrawal cannot however constitute the grounds for discontinuation of the processing of personal data, which is performed in accordance with other legal bases provided for in the Regulation.
9.5. The data subject shall have the right to lodge a complaint on unlawful processing of his or her personal data, contacting the Portal manager or the Data State Inspectorate.