Puze Lutheran church was built in 1692 during the reign of the owner of manor-haouse Emmerich von Mirbach. Legend tells that Baron chose a girl to be immured into walls of the church.
Above the entrance of the church are four generic reliefs – emblems of the Mirbach kin (1692) and the emblem of Aivars Lembergs in acknowledgement of resources used in the restoration of the church.
Organ was built in 1844 by Hermanis in Liepāja; the restoration and enlargement was finished in 1990.
Next to the church is buried scientist, entomologist and preacher of Puze congregation Johann Heinrich Kawall (1799-1881).
Altar piece of the church “The Descent from the Cross” was painted by Carl Weber in 1879.