VIZIUM Science Centre invites all those interested, who have attained the legal age, to spend the Friday evening in a relaxed and entertaining, yet educational and creative atmosphere by enjoying a science evening for adults Cocktails and Science which will take place on 17 February. The exciting programme will combine science, erudition, and demonstration of bartending skills by brilliant bartenders.
In the course of the evening, the guests will be able to enjoy a wide and diverse programme, which will allow them to visit The Spirits Lab accompanied by bartender Pēteris Repečko, who represents the Balzāmbārs, and Rihards Onzuls, the Jim Beam & Maker’s Mark brand Ambassador in the Baltic States. They will also have the opportunity to participate in erudition games, testing their knowledge of various drinks, to play a strategic game, taking up the role of a cocktail, to snap wonderful pictures of this fun get-together with friends, and to win wonderful prizes at the end of the evening. The event will be taking place on 17 February from 19:00 to 23:00 on the second floor of the VIZIUM Science Centre.
The evening programme will include the following:
- In The Spirits Lab, bartenders Pēteris Repečko and Rihards Onzuls will provide an insight into mixology, entertain the audience with stories, and demonstrate how scientific discoveries complement the everyday life of bartenders.
- During the simulation role playing game Mafia, on the other hand, the guests will have the opportunity to take up the role of cocktails, thinking strategically and trying to convince others.
- The erudition game will allow to find out which team knows more about the variety and history of drinks.
- In the course of the evening, the guests will be also able to enjoy the popular party games on a scientific note and to programme robots by creating works of art using their favourite cocktails.
- Throughout the evening, guests will have access to an attractive photo corner, where a professional photographer will capture the fun get-together in beautiful photos!
- A DJ will ensure that the best music is played during the event and keep everyone in high spirits.
- The West Cafe will offer the most delicious snacks and drinks, including wonderful cocktails made by professional bartenders – Andris Reizenbegs and Jānis Krastiņš.
- VIZIUM and its friends have prepared something special for the evening – all ticket owners will participate in a raffle to win great prizes provided by the VIZIUM Science Centre and the supporters of the event, such as the winery Windau Wines, West Cafe, restaurant Meisons, the Olympic Centre ‘Ventspils’, salt room SaltCave, and the beer brewery Užavas alus.
All the proposed activities will be organised so as to ensure that all visitors are able to participate in each and every one of them. Entrance: main entrance of the VIZIUM Science Centre on the first floor.
Admission fee: EUR 10.00. Presale tickets are available at the ticket office of the Science Centre and also online at www.vizium.lv. On the day of the event, the tickets will be sold by 22:00. More information is available by phone calling 66776633 and by e-mail: email@example.com. During the event, the exhibition hall will be closed.
Admission upon presenting an identity document. VIZIUM reminds you that excessive alcohol use is harmful to your health. It is prohibited to sell, to provide, or to supply an underage person with alcohol.
Please be informed that photographs may be taken and video/audio fixation may be used during the events organised by Ventspils Digital Centre in order to ensure transparency, as well as for illustrative and artistic purposes and for purposes of publicity, marketing, and interviews. Photographs and videos may be published on the website, social networks, and in printed publications of Ventspils Digital Centre and VIZIUM Science Centre.