- Latvian National Symphony Orchestra,
- Darja SMIRNOVA, Georg SARKISJANS – violin
- Conductor Tarmo PELTOKOSKI
In the program:
- Richard STRAUSS symphonic poem “Don Juan”
- Richard STRAUSS symphonic fantasy from the opera “A woman without a shadow”
- Alfred ŠNITKE Third Concerto grosso for two violins and orchestra
- Rihard STRAUSS suite “Rose Knight”
At the concert, we will experience a reunion with the orchestra’s artistic director and chief conductor Tarmo Peltokoski. Let’s have a rich look at Richard Strauss’s symphonic music opus. In the pages of Alfred Šnitke’s Third Concerto grosso score, we will witness a musical collision of history and the present, where the concertmaster of the Latvian National Symphony Orchestra, Georgs Sarkisyans, and the musician of the violin group, Darja Smirnova, will play the main roles.
Organised by SIA “Kurzemes filharmonija” . Financed by the European Regional Development Fund and the local government of the State city of Ventspils.