16°C
17°C

Photo author Ventspils Tūrisma informācijas centra foto arhīvs

The construction of Ventspils Nicolay Lutheran Church was initiated at the beginning of the 18th century, but it dragged on until it was built at an impressive speed from 1834-1835, owing thanks to resoluteness of the pastor F.N. Paufler and financial support of Russian Tsar.

Built in late classicism style, the church got its name of St. Nicolay because he is the prospector of sailors and fishermen. Its architect and construction manager was Johann Eduard de Vite, the organ was built by J.T.Tīdermanis and improved by Kārlis Hermanis from Liepāja.

The altar piece painted by Alexander von Roenne in 1888, was given as a Christmas present to the church by the congregations of Ventspils and Piltene.

+371 26315219
[email protected]

Tirgus iela 4

Calendar of current events in Ventspils and the region

Follow us