18°C
19°C

Photo author Ugāles svētās sirdsskaidrās Radoņežas Sergija pareizticīgo baznīcas foto arhīvs

The church has existed for more than 120 years, since the time of the middle of the 19th century, when many Latvians converted en masse to Orthodoxy, gaining worldly benefits – the land. 1895. On September 24, 1894, the church was consecrated in honor of Sergius of Radonezh.

In 2004, a fire broke out in the church. The tiled roof, the bell tower and the rooms on the second floor of the building were completely destroyed. Thanks to the support of many companies and individuals, after two years the restored church could be consecrated again and the main holy relic of the church returned – the icon of the Mother of God “Truly due”, painted and gifted to the Ugāle Church in 1894 by the monks of St. Aton Hill.

+371 20302949; 29489979

Ugāles mehāniskās darbnīcas, Ugāle, Ugāles pagasts, LV-3615, Latvija

Calendar of current events in Ventspils and the region

Follow us