本网站采用第三方cookie以提升您的使用体验,cookie可提供visitventspils.com网站的功能。若您继续使用我们的网站,则表示您同意使用 cookie。若您不同意使用任何cookie,您可在网页浏览器的安全设置中勾选“Never accept cookies”(不接受cookie)选项。禁用cookie后,网站的一些功能将受到影响。关于cookie的更多信息,请点击这里

13° Cair
18° Cwater




Telephone: +371 26825367

GPS: 57.4048977, 21.8545072

Working hours: by prior appointment

Entrance free of charge

Popes manor-house ensemble

Since the 16th century, Pope Manor belonged to the influential family of the barons von Behr of Kurzeme. The territory of the Manor historically included three current parishes Pope and Ances, as well as part of Tārgale parish. Pope Manor owned eight folwarks - Ance, Vēde, Jāņmuiža, Kārļmuiža, Lonaste, Jaunpopes, Jaunmuiža and Rinda, as well as coastal villages Lielirbe, Pize and Lūzņu. However, the economic centre and central buildings of the manor were located on Pope Hill.

The cultural and historical building of Pope Manor is the largest cultural and historical monument of national significance in Latvia with 16 architectural and 11 art monuments.

The central building of Pope Manor is the Manor House, built in the middle of the 17th century, where Pope Primary School has been located since 1941. The premises of the first floor of the Manor House retained their unique wood panelling and parquet, ceilings are decorated with family heraldry, and the Manor’s historical stoves and a fireplace survived on the second floor of the building.

Standing on the porch of the Manor House of Pope Manor, which was remodelled in the neo-Gothic style according to the project of the architect T. Zeiler in late 19th century, it is possible to see the alley leading to the church built in 1771, as well as buildings surrounding the garden on the south side. On the right side, there is a horse stable of 19th century, further on is the manor doctor’s house or doctorate, on the left is the manor manager’s house and further on - the manor barn, which dates back to the 18th century. The oldest of the buildings is the hunting castle of Pope Manor, which is located behind the Manor House, on the other side of the pond on the side of the park. The old tower-type building - the hunting castle - is believed to have been built before 1653, as it is indicated by one of the two weather vanes that used to be on the roof of the building. Behind the manor stable, there is the barn of Pope Manor, which is made of red bricks burned in Pope Manor, and behind the manor manager’s house are the manor blacksmith's house and the laundrywoman’s house with a small pond preserved between them. Behind the manor barn, there is the manor servants’ house with a stable at its end. There used to be a coach house next to the building, but now only the ruins remain of it.

Further along the church, down the hill and through the alley, there is a path to the Popes Manor pharmacy and the historic church pub, where the cultural centre is now located. The alley that branches off from the church leads to the cemetery of the baronial family of Pope Manor. Pope Manor alley is the only one in Latvia with the status of an architectural monument of national significance.


You can find all tourist sights of Pope Parish here:


/01.07.- 31.08./

08:00- 19:00 (1,2,3,4,5)

10:00- 18:00 (6)

10:00- 16:00 (7)

/01.09.- 30.06./

08:00-18:00 (1,2,3,4,5) 

10:00-16:00 (6,7)

10:00- 15:00 (節假日)




地址: Dārzu iela 6, Ventspils, LV 3601
电话号码: +371 63622263, +371 29232226