earth

Notre site web utilise des fichiers cookies provenant de parties tierces, ce qui permet d'améliorer votre expérience utilisateur, ainsi que de garantir le bon fonctionnement du site ww.visitventspils.com. En continuant sur le site, vous acceptez l'utilisation de cookies. Si vous ne souhaitez pas autoriser l'utilisation de cookies, vous pouvez choisir l'option "ne jamais accepter de cookies" dans les réglages de sécurité de votre navigateur. Si les cookies sont désactivés les fonctionnalités du site peuvent s'en trouver réduites. Vous trouverez plus d'informations sur les cookies ici.

-3° Cair

Ventspils

Profil
Se connecter

Que faire?

Address: Užava,Užava parish,Ventspils district

Phone: +371 63630573; +371 28341836

Working hours:

From 1 April  to 31 October 

Mon. closed 

Tue.- Sun. 10.00-16.00

From 1 November to 31 March

Mon. closed 

Tue.- Sun. 10.00-14.00

GPS: 57.20907, 21.41465

 

 

Užava Lighthouse

Closed!
 
The lighthouse of Užava has been included in the list of the national protected cultural monuments and is located about 20 km south from Ventspils. It stands on one of the three high wooded dunes – the so-called Teniroka dune (28 m high). From afar, this dune reminds people of a baking over, therefore, in the 19th century the German name of Užava lighthouse was Bakofen.

Užava was mentioned in historical sources for the first time already in 1230. It is believed that already in the 17th-18th century a navigation fire in the form of a bonfire was placed on a pile of stones in order to serve as a guidance sign for ships on their way to Ventspils.

The construction of the first Užava lighthouse was ended in 1879 when also a pier for supplying construction materials was built. The Užava lighthouse was a tower of bricks that was connected with a single story dwelling house for the staff working in the lighthouse. A light room of metal with a lantern in it was placed on the top of the tower. On September 10, 1879 light signals were first sent from the Užava lighthouse with the help of an optical system. In 1910, a piling with 7-8cm thick planks and stones in front of the wall was created, since due to the flat seashore the waves destroyed the base dunes. During World War I, the Užava lighthouse was seriously damaged – the cylindrical part of it and the outbuildings were destroyed. Only the octagonal base of the tower (on which the construction of the new lighthouse was finished on February 21, 1925) remained intact. The external shape of the new tower is identical to the previous lighthouse.

Throughout the lighthouse’s existence stabilization of the adjacent coastal slope have been carried out. In the 1920’s and 1930’s wicker baskets filled with pebbles, and boulders were used for fixation. In 1970’s these were replaced by concrete blocks.

The lighthouse has four floors; it is plastered, whitewashed and connected to the dwelling house. In the 1950’s the height of the tower was 19.4m. Inside the tower – around the central column – a metal spiral staircase is placed. On the top of the tower a balcony with metal railings and a metal-structured light room is placed (its diameter – 3m – is equal to the diameter of the lighthouse).

Built in 1879, renewed in 1925
Tower height – 19 m
Altitude – 44 m
The flashing light is visible 15 nautical miles distant
 

Ticket prices 

Lighthouse visit for adults

EUR 1,00 

Lighthouse visit for children  

EUR 0,50

 

All tourist objects of Užava parish available here: 

http://www.ventspilsnovads.lv/ct-menu-item-223/ct-menu-item-248

Heures d’ouverture

08:00-17:00 (1,2,3,4,5) 

Tourism information only by calling, via e-mail, on-site only with certificate !

10:00-16:00 (6)

Tourism information only by calling, via e-mail, on-site only with certificate !

10:00- 16:00 (7)

Tourism information only by calling, via e-mail!

10:00- 15:00 (National holidays)

Tourism information only by calling, via e-mail!

 

Coordonnées

Adresse: Dārzu iela 6, Ventspils, LV 3601
Téléphone
: +371 63622263, +371 29232226
Courriel: tourism@ventspils.lv

Abonnez-vous
Infos