19°C
16°C

Photo author Rindas evanģēliski luteriskā baznīcas un Mācītājmuižas foto arhīvs

Present stone building of Rinda Lutheran church was built in 1833-1835. It was done in command of Baron Karl Otto von Baer. It is stone building which has quarried stones used for walls and red bricks used for corners – in church architecture of Kurzeme these materials are not commonly used. The entrance of the church is accentuated by a slender tower built in 1904, while in the corners of the building there are small decorative pyramid-like turrets. On November 10, 1835, the church was consecrated. Unfortunately, the names of the carvers and carpenters are unknown. In 1877, the church was expanded by a third, giving it 400 seats.

1841. In 1841, a bell was installed in the Rinda church, which was cast by the first Latvian bell caster, Ulrichs Johans (Jānis) Kleinšmits. The weight of the bell was 50 kg. This is one of the first calls in which the text is recorded in Latvian. Unfortunately, the bell has not survived because it was taken to Russia during World War 1 and has not been recovered. The pride of the church is also the organ, which was made in 1854. 1852) by Karls Bitners, but restored in 2005 by the organ master from Ugāle, Jānis Kalniņš.

+371 26310795
[email protected]

GV9R+33 Rinda, Ances pagasts, Latvija

Calendar of current events in Ventspils and the region

Follow us