We offer canoe, sea kayak and SUP (2 pcs. available) rentals for trips on Irbe, Stende, Rinda, Lonaste, Engure.
1, 2 or 3 day routes available. Read and then call, everything is flexible. We take back all boaters, belongings, dogs and adventures. We usually take the straightest route – along the roads of the nature reserve “Swamps and forests of Ance”.
As per abilities and strengths, and wishes, we can combine the route on the lower Irbe, on the middle Irbe or on Stende for a day trip. On the way you can see the Irbene radio telescope. At the mouth of the sea, the River Irbe forms a 2km long sand strip, one of the most beautiful places.
- The route from “DabaLaba” to the mouth of the Irbe is 42km long, easy to do in 2 days.
- The classic and much sought-after route from Rinda bridge to the sea, 37km, 2 days.
- Start of the River Engure at Lake Usma (Ozoldangi bridge) to Topciems, Spiņņi or Rinda bridge. 24- ~50km route. Very suitable for sea kayaking.
- River Lonaste from Lonaste bridge ~ 15km to Stende bridge, 1 day route with challenges – portage. Suitable in spring, early summer. Can continue to the sea or to the Irbene telescope (~ 30km Lonaste bridge-telescope).
- Irbene telescope – Miķeļtornis – the winding, steep, sandy banks of the River Irbene. 14km route, approx. 4-5 h of net time on the water by canoe. Suitable for beginners, families with children, nature lovers, canoeists.
- Miķeļtornis to the sea is ~13km, a good one-day canoe route if you want to finish at the sea. If there is wind from the sea, the last 5km to the sea are challenging.
- “DabaLaba” offers beautiful floodplain meadows, oaks by the river, a very tranquil, beautiful route along the Stende to the Irbene telescope. In the Plateļi meadows section of the Stende, the wind can be a challenge. 19km route, 1 day.
- Lake Usma (Ozoldangi bridge) – sea via Engure, Rinda, Irbe.
- The 2-day routes can be done slowly, patiently and calmly over 3 days, starting e.g. on Friday afternoon will give you a completely unhurried ride.
- Stende, Rinda, Irbe